Thursday, 21 January 2016

Interesting point to remember when writing

I have often observed that whenever I am writing anything, I always end up re-reading it and correcting it again. But that actually dilutes your original thought, which provoked you to write.
So a small advice to wanna be writers, always start writing when it first came to your mind about writing. I have observed that most of the famous and well-known writers have a habit of writing on paper first. What they do is, always carry a pen and paper along with them which allows them to take notes, write down some small clues, their first impressions about things they see. They always refer back to these notes when writing their material.
Having said that it is fine if a writer gets them proof read by someone else and corrects the grammatical errors, uses better words, rearranges some sentences. But that should not be done too much, otherwise you are not expressing yourself, you are just filling in the lines in a format set by some of your favorite writer. Right? We always get fascinated by someone's work and we unknowingly try to be like them, copy their style and then try to look little different and that's where we lose the track of our own selves.
So, coming back to the point, write exactly when thoughts are flowing in your mind and that will be original you.

No comments:

Post a Comment